Monday, November 06, 2006

If Loving You Is Wrong...


I was watching an episode of Oprah, sometime between one and two in the morning, and they featured an interview with Jessica Coleman. She is serving a prison sentence for murdering her child when she was 15, putting it in a trash bag, then placing it in a duffel bag, and then handing it to her boyfriend who threw it in a quarry after stuffing the bag full of rocks to weigh it down. Heartbreaking stuff.


Here's what I don't understand....Jessica has a boyfriend. A new boyfriend, even though she's in prison...and she wants to be a Mom one day. How does that work? How do you explain that away and convince someone that, "Hey, I'm good this time. Promise."? I'm not saying that she doesn't deserve to be loved. Everybody does. But Christ. I've never been arrested and I can't get a date...I was even in DARE. The whole thing makes me feel really good about being single.


Then there's Amy Fisher. She slept with someone as grotesque as Joey Buttafucco and thought it was a good idea to blow his wife's face off when he tried to end things. Eventually someone married her! Apparently, the whole, "Hey, I like old sweaty married Itallian guys and killing their wives is a totally reasonable way to secure my love!" didn't scare off the groom or come across as a tad bit reactionary. Once again, I believe that everyone deserves to be loved and that the children are our future. But enough already, how much of an "edge" do you need these days to get a guy's attention...I was in the National Honor Society. Doesn't that count for something?

5 Comments:

Blogger Andy said...

I guess so - but you have to remember, idiots are a dime a dozen and will take anything they can get. Hence it being very easy for Amy Fisher to get some action. I bet you the guy she's married to isn't exactly a winner or someone you'd want to show off to moms and dad.

The cool people, the ones you actually want to date, they're the ones that are tough to find...and discriminating enough not to date convicted baby-killers.

You should really be happy there's one less moron out there for you have to have sift through.

12:09 PM  
Blogger "said" Woman said...

Andy- Very true.

12:12 PM  
Blogger Sister Mary Lisa said...

Shaking my head. Seriously depraved, killing a baby and stuffing it in a duffel bag. How do you reach that kind of sick??

2:29 PM  
Blogger "said" Woman said...

I have to be honest folks. I was never a member of the National Honor Society. They didn't want me. To be totally percise, my GPA wasn't high enough. The guilt was getting to me so I had to fess up... I just wrote that because I thought it was funny. My bad.

But I was captain of the Varsity Cheerleaders and class President does that count?

7:09 PM  
Blogger Sister Mary Lisa said...

I was in the National Honor Society, and I dated more in my first two weeks at BYU than I did in all of high school. Go figure. I'm guessing the Varsity Cheerleaders captain and Class President status got you farther with the guys than being president of Art Club and member of the NHS! Not that any of it does us any good today, huh??

:) Oh what am I saying? I'm just a boring old married woman anyway. Honeymoon is long since over.

10:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home