Monday, October 16, 2006

Tis' The Season...


I love the fall. There's something so cozy about the whole thing. Fall makes me want to be in a couple. So, I've got a date tonight. Not excited. At all. I date seasonally, apparently. (Yeah, Yeah, I'm an ingrate. I'm not sure if ingrate is an official word but oftentimes my parents may or may not have called me that repeatedly as a child.) I want to be looking forward to this date, trust me. But I have never met the guy (blind date) and he wants to pick me up from work in his car and get something to eat. Nice idea in theory, but also the MO of a murderer. What if he's s a crazy person? Who in the city who drives a car anyway? I told him to pick a restaurant, and we can meet there. He got all bent out of shape because I wanted to meet him somewhere, "like I didn't trust him". (Yes Alex, I'll take obvious assumptions for 500 dollars! Ding,Ding,Ding, Survey says "Yes, Dummy") Well I don't know him. What does he expect? I was taught "stranger danger" as kid. No matter what, I was told never to get in a car with a stranger...even if they did promise candy- even if they had "Alexander the Grape's" or "Fun Dip"!! As a child of a dentist, either one of those candies were liquid crack to me...

So maybe tonight won't be awful, but odds aren't great that this is going to be awe-inspiring. But I'm trying people. They say scratch a cynic and you get a romantic - and no, I don't know who "they" are. Oh, who knows what will happen, but if you get invited to the wedding...don't mention this post. There really is something about the fall that is romantic - and by romantic, I mean "I need a damn boyfriend." And by, "I need a damn boyfriend", I don't mean dealing with a moody guy that I've never met. God, I love the fall...

2 Comments:

Blogger Sister Mary Lisa said...

It'll be great to read any reports on this blind date that you post...Blind dates can be great fuel for blogging creativity!

5:12 PM  
Blogger "said" Woman said...

Any reports may have to go to you directly, Sister! Most dates I have end up inspiring pity, and I'm trying to keep this thing funny...

5:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home