Thursday, November 02, 2006

Everybody's Talking At Me


Politics are personal. You can blog, cry, bitch, whine, and write letters to anyone that will listen, but at the end of the day all you did was let it be known what your opinion of the situation may be...Nobody ever changed their political affiliation over a well-crafted op-ed piece (no matter what the New York Times may believe. ..While I don't know if anyone who works at the New York Times does in fact believe this, they strike me as a bunch of pretentious twits who actually think people have the time to read and hang on to every word written in that damn monstrosity of a paper. How am I going to hold down a job, respond to opinion survey pop-ups on my computer, and watch TiVo'd episodes of Nip/Tuck if I'm supposed to read that whole thing? When will I have time to eat? No thank-you.)

So, in regards to the whole John Kerry said this and President Bush said that...blah, Blah, BLAH!!!!! Who cares? We should care as citizens, but we're not given the chance because somewhere along the line politicians forgot about policy and got lost in the politics. They are just talking heads. There is a war going on and we need to find a solution ASAP. Instead it turns out that there is a possibility that Bobby Brown was cheating on Whitney Houston with a video ho who goes by the name "Superhead"! What? This is news? No, this is a distraction. Focus people. Focus.

...and that's my personal opinion on politics.

2 Comments:

Blogger Sister Mary Lisa said...

I don't even read the paper because I don't like to dedicate my time to it. And also I hate the pile of paper I paid for and never read that suddenly turns into another being in the house.

5:38 PM  
Blogger "said" Woman said...

There is a TV ad here in NYC for Comptroller (whatever that is) that aired during "Desperate Housewives" . The guy running came on TV and said, "I made a mistake but I did it for my wife. I am sorry."

I have no idea who he is or what he's talking about, but it was hilarious. I might vote for him simply because some guy on his staff told him that was a good idea...If he listens to advice like that, I can't wait to see what other mistakes he'll be apologizing for in the future.

12:09 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home