Thursday, October 19, 2006

Leopard. Spots. Bird. Feather.


I don't think people change. We can change the color of our hair, the color of our eyes, how much we weigh, how big or small we want our boobs to be, etc. but we can't change who we really are. Maybe that's a good thing. Well it's a good thing if you're asked to compromise your values and you remain strong...good for you. But it can also be a very bad thing. It can be a bad thing if you are an ass. Because once an ass, always an ass.

I surf MySpace online and it's a virtual yearbook of high school jerks who got swollen and decided to have kids. Why? Why do the worst people in the world breed? I'm not saying everybody who breeds sucks, because I know of a lot of fine, upstanding, kind, sensible, people who have kids. But they are outnumbered by the dummies. bigtime. As I surf these pages of people who list "Proud Parent" in their profile it scares me to death. The guy who would whack people in the back of their head with a cafeteria tray during lunchtime? Yup. A little boy. That girl who would sleep with whoever you were dating, just to see if she could? Check. Three angry girls. Those guys that were super cool and made anyone who wasn't in their "crew" feel inadequate? They all found women stupid enough to think they were still cool, ignore the jock physique that had given way to beer gut, marry them, and poop out a whole other generation of uninspired clones. Scary stuff.

I'd like kids one day...I think. It seems like a lot of work. I have a pretty strong work ethic, but even when I visit with decent people that have children, I get exhausted and can't wait for the kid to lie down so I can get a quick nap in too. If I can't handle it, how do the worthless lot I went to school with manage it? Most of the breeders I have mentioned were some of the laziest, spoiled, and pampered kids I knew. What are they teaching their spawn? How to be even more excellent at being useless, mean, and non-contributing members of society? I want to teach my kids to be better than me, to make the world a better place, to be kinder, to show compassion and love (not exactly what I'm doing right now, but I never claimed to be perfect), and never loose the ability to find the joy and laughter in most everything. Instead, I fear I will be spending most of my time teaching my kids how to avoid getting beat-up in cafeterias, protecting themselves against VD, and how not to take it personally when kids far less creative and talented make them feel inadequete for having dreams. I guess I could save my kids the pain and just homeschool them, but I'm not very smart. I'm smart enough to know that much, and that's more than I can say for most people.

1 Comments:

Blogger Sister Mary Lisa said...

It's interesting that people really don't change all that much. It would suck to be an ass, huh? Thank god WE aren't. :) Not that most asses recognize it in themselves, or care, even if they do.

6:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home