Monday, September 18, 2006

Black Out


Work was too much for me to attempt today. Trying to "look busy" was exhausting me. It seemed a perfect time for me to reward myself for getting halfway through Monday by walking to Macy's to get the new Chanel Nail polish in Black Satin. I saw it in a magazine and thought, "Hey, I can wear that." After all, Lindsey Lohan, Hillary Duff, and 3 blondes from 2 different MTV shows can't be wrong. Right?

So I walked on down to the counter to get some trendy goodness. I asked for black satin and the counter lady looked at me like I had three heads.

"It's all gone." Helga told me with feigned dissapointment. Yes, the lady looked like she was a Helga.

"Well can I place an order?" I asked.

"No".

"No, why?"

"It's all gone. Limited edition." she said. "But you can find it on ebay for 200 dollars."

I left speechless.

Chanel nailpolish costs 18 dollars a bottle which is already a crime, and it made me realize I can go to Walgreens and get the same color by Wet and Wild for two bucks. ..all I need is a good topcoat to do the trick. Who pays 200 dollars for nail polish? Seriously, tell me who you are and why you do it...I will get Sally Struthers on your ass!!!! Shame on you Chanel, and shame on you Ebay sellers who upsell. But more importantly, shame on you crazy consumer-person who buys from Ebay...do better things with your money.

But thank-you Walgreens. I like you.

2 Comments:

Blogger cgc182 said...

hey, i saw that you linked my blog from yours...

you crack me up!

12:26 AM  
Blogger Sister Mary Lisa said...

LOL on the Sally Struthers vicious threat! Not the SS! Please don't call her!!!

I can't believe people spend that much either! And what a horrible feeling to buy said $200 bottle of nailpolish only to discover that it actually looks like duke when you put it on your fingernails.

1:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home