Thursday, November 30, 2006

Any Takers?








From: Jimmy The Greek - Passionate greek looking for my soulmate, are u?
Male, 56 - Divorced
SANTA ROSA , CA - United States

Ethnic Background: Greek



Sun, Nov 26, 2006 12:52PM
Subject: U know a lady 4me?& i send U to greece &5k4U,TY



So last night I checked into my pathetic online dating website and this message was in my mailbox. Is this guy serious? Wow! Just so I can make it clear what is being asked in the subject line it seems that "Jimmy The Greek" wants to know if I can find him a "lady". If I do find Jimmy "said" woman, he will send me to Greece and give me 5,000 dollars. As ridiculous as the offer sounded, I had push it just to see how far I could go.

I called my Aunt and asked her if by any chance she would be interested. She got a good laugh but alas, she was not a taker. Yes, I want the ladies in my life to find love, but more importantly I have a credit card that needs to be paid off. I had to find another option.

I proceeded to work on my pitch and called my Mom. She answered the phone with,
" Well guess who's on the the other line? I'm in the middle of talking to your Aunt and she says you are trying to 'pimp' her out!"

"Mom, she did not use the word pimp."

"Hon, Are you seriously going to ask me about this offer?"

"Well, it's a win / win situation for everybody, Mom. One of you gets a boyfriend and the other one gets to come to Greece with me."

She was not impressed with my logic.

"Your Aunt thinks you are being funny. I know you're only half joking."

"So that's a no?" I asked.

"It's a no."

"Fine." But it was worth a try.


2 Comments:

Blogger Sister Mary Lisa said...

So why not YOU? You could get a date as well as the rest...

4:33 PM  
Blogger "said" Woman said...

- a date? I'm all about it.

- a date with someone offering five grand who's almost three decades older than me? Not so much.

5:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home